Sky Mavis says $5.7M recovered from $600M Ronin exploit

Sky Mavis says $5.7M recovered from $600M Ronin exploit

Share this article

Sky Mavis has recovered $5.7 million of funds stolen from Axie Infinity’s Ronin Bridge, according to a Friday announcement from the team.

The recovery was achieved through the collaborative efforts of various entities, including the Økokrim, a Norwegian law enforcement agency, and the FBI, said Sky Mavis. Specifically, Økokrim successfully froze and returned $5.7 million stolen from the bridge hack.


“We’d like to publicly extend our heartfelt gratitude to everyone who assisted in the recovery efforts, especially Økokrim and the FBI in the US, for their tireless effort to track down and recover these assets for the Axie and Ronin communities,” the team stated.

Allocation of recovered funds

Sky Mavis noted that approximately 15% of the recovered assets will cover recovery efforts, while the remaining 85% will go to the Axie Infinity treasury.

According to the team, recovering stolen crypto requires collaboration between law enforcement, legal professionals, financial experts, and blockchain specialists, including Chainalysis.

In addition to $5.7 million in recovered funds, law enforcement has frozen an additional $40 million in stolen assets. However, recovering these funds will take longer, with no definitive timeline provided for their return.

On March 29, 2022, the Ronin network suffered a major security breach, resulting in a loss of 173,600 ETH and 25 million USDC, totaling about $600 million.

Following the incident, Sky Mavis raised $150 million to reimburse users. In April 2022, Binance reported that the exchange had recovered $5.8 million of funds stolen in the Ronin Bridge attack.

Sky Mavis has since enhanced security measures, including partnerships with new validators like Google Cloud.

Share this article

The information on or accessed through this website is obtained from independent sources we believe to be accurate and reliable, but Decentral Media, Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to the timeliness, completeness, or accuracy of any information on or accessed through this website. Decentral Media, Inc. is not an investment advisor. We do not give personalized investment advice or other financial advice. The information on this website is subject to change without notice. Some or all of the information on this website may become outdated, or it may be or become incomplete or inaccurate. We may, but are not obligated to, update any outdated, incomplete, or inaccurate information.

Crypto Briefing may augment articles with AI-generated content created by Crypto Briefing’s own proprietary AI platform. We use AI as a tool to deliver fast, valuable and actionable information without losing the insight – and oversight – of experienced crypto natives. All AI augmented content is carefully reviewed, including for factural accuracy, by our editors and writers, and always draws from multiple primary and secondary sources when available to create our stories and articles.

You should never make an investment decision on an ICO, IEO, or other investment based on the information on this website, and you should never interpret or otherwise rely on any of the information on this website as investment advice. We strongly recommend that you consult a licensed investment advisor or other qualified financial professional if you are seeking investment advice on an ICO, IEO, or other investment. We do not accept compensation in any form for analyzing or reporting on any ICO, IEO, cryptocurrency, currency, tokenized sales, securities, or commodities.

See full terms and conditions.

Source link


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.